K-fit KL

K-fit made its way to KL recently and I thought I'd give it a try. For those who don't know, K-fit allows you to use a bunch of gyms, classes and facilities like pool tables, swimming pools, driving range and even the ice skating rink at Sunway pyramid for RM 99 a month.And you get RM 50 off your first month and another RM 20 if you refer a friend. You can also terminate your membership anytime you want but if you terminate it halfway through your billing cycle, your membership will only end the next month.

I find it convenient and much cheaper than a gym membership (I used to pay almost RM 200) for my gym membership which I gave up more than two years ago. Of course nothing beats using the office gym for free but since they don't offer any other classses but zumba and personal training I prefer to use k-fit for now.

Since a couple of years ago I have been having issues with my knee which the doctors diagnosed to be patellar tendonitis.It is the result of overuse from all that running I did before (the standchart runs, penang bridge, putrajaya night marathon, you name it). here's a picture from the Port Dickson night marathon in case you didn't believe me.



I scheduled my first appointment last Saturday for a beginner's yoga at Classic Yoga in USJ. Finding the place was pretty tricky coz I looked it up manually on waze when Kfit already have the address linked to google maps( of course I only realized this later). Anyway, google maps sometimes says address not found when you click on the map shown on Kfit's site. 


See!! You can just click on the map on the right side of the page.



But sometimes google map just shows you the whole world(fail!) and by the whole world I mean north and a bit of south America. Turns out the studio is very close to one of my favorite pan mee place. Maybe it'd help if Kfit gives landmarks around the place you're looking for.

Anway, try to leave for your class earlier if you don't already know the location. You dont want to be a no show coz there's a fee for that. I am yet to find out how much it is.i find this to be a motivation for me coz i cannot back out at the last minute just coz I'm feeling lazy.

When I got to class the instructor was the one manning the desk too(guess it's a one woman show) and she wasn't shocked that I came under Kfit but she said Kfit was supposed to email her names of attendees who are attending her class. Oh well that's between her n Kfit. She also mentioned that under Kfit i can only go to her studio four times a month. If i need more yoga than that(or ooga as my niece would say it)  I can always go to other studios.

Her class was easy enough for a beginner like me and I enjoyed it thoroughly that during the relaxation part/cooling down, I fell asleep. When I woke up, everybody was already rolling their mats. Oh well. So i will definitely go back to Classic yoga and will definitely try more activities under Kfit. I'm thinking that I should make at least two appointments a week to make it worth it. Maybe I'll go for a swim at PJ palms, maybe the driving range and a few of the gyms.

I will write an update on my knee after more yoga sessions. Let me know your experience with Kfit if you have any. And if you're gonna try it use my code please so I can get referals discount (My code is :QEIVM).







2 comments:

  1. $99 per month?? That's a really good deal.. people would be mad not to join.. love this post.. and your humour as usual +)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi arina... im your long lost friend...

    ReplyDelete