Fussie Cat for those fussy cats

About a year ago, shortly after I moved in to my apartment, I came home to a tiny little kitten meowing her hearts out at my door. At that point I was still pretty much a dog person but that poor kitty seemed like it was in trouble. I often wonder how the little kitten ended up on the 19th floor.

Well I took her in and she acted like she belonged at my place. One thing lead to another and she became my beloved cat named Michi. I got another cat soon after to keep Michi company. Michi's cat is a grey male cat named Henry.

Anyway I just thought I should share my thoughts on keeping cats in an apartment. It will be slightly tougher compared to keeping them on a landed property coz your cats are gonna run, play and shit in your barely 1000 sqr ft home.

When it comes to food I recommend Royal Canin Indoor cats. The food is low in energy so your cats don't need to run so much to burn off the energy. I put my cats on that for a few months. I've seen it work better on other people's cats. Maybe because mine are still too young that they will run a lot no matter what I feed them.

Be prepared to pay around RM 100 for a bag of 4kg and don't expect your regular supermarket to be selling that brand. 

Another important thing to have is good cat litter. By good I mean it keeps your place smelling shit free. I've gone through quite a few brands including Tidy Cats, Fussy Cat, Speedmart cat litter that comes in green bags, Premier and another brand that they sell at Sogo supermarket which sounds like English gone wrong (it was like happy katty with some Japanese writing on it).

Anyway, the best brand was the happy katty but I am too lazy to get it from sogo coz sometimes it's there sometimes it isn't. the next best is Fussie cat (I've seen some shops display it as Fuzzy Cat so I really don't know what is the actual name). This brand comes in multiple different smells including green apple, lemon, lavender (guess this will help me sleep) and jasmine. My favorite is lavender followed by jasmine. I hate lemon smells coz it reminds me too much of bathroom cleaners.

This cat litter comes in 10 litre bags and it is priced between RM 24 to 25. All the cat litters i mentioned are the clumping sand type. Just don't get it on damp floors coz it turns into clay and that's a real b*#%€ to clean.

let me know if u have any tips on keeping cats. Or having cats as your master like I do.


Update: The brand of cat litter sold at Sogo is called Ketty Love and they're about RM 16

No comments:

Post a Comment