FBI is not that awesome?!?!

I went to a very interesting talk by Peter Young yesterday. He is an eco-terrorist, according to the FBI, who released thousands of minks from a fur farm. Due to his action, he was in prison for 2 years.

He started off by telling us what triggered him to start releasing the animals. Apparently, he was spending a lot of time in a laboratory with animals that were caged, and until this day, he can't forgive himself for not releasing the animals from the lab.

You can wikepedia this guy and you'll find interesting stuff about him.

Honestly, I don't know why I was there. I am still trying to decide how much I care about this issue. I am more than 100% sure that I am against fur farms and vivisection but when it comes to animal slaughter houses, I am still trying to decide if I can ever give up meat for the animals.

It's not the question of whether or not I should, it is the question of if I could or would actually do it. I guess I am currently in the transition phase of being a vegetarian. Maybe I'll be a flexatarian (people who eat meat occasionally).

I have seen so many images of cruelty in farm factories, but I think I still need to see it for myself. After all, I have always been told not to feel sorry for the animals, coz otherwise you can't eat them. Like the meat wouldn't be halal or something like that.

Well some might think that farm factories in Malaysia are better but just look at the chicken that are being transported on those "lori ayam". Look at how little space each of them have and only god knows how long they have to stay in those little cages. I'd have to say, I think the way they are killed is more humane than in slaughter houses here, but that still doesn't mean that they have had the chance to live the life they deserve.

No comments:

Post a Comment